This quick and easy dish can be put together in just minutes. These delicious finger foods make an ideal dish for a bridal shower party or reception starter. Here’s our asparagus wrapped in bread recipe..
Serves approx. 10 people
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 pound) loaf white bread, crusts trimmed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut asparagus
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
How to Make Asparagus Wrap:
1. Mix the blue cheese, cream cheese and egg in a medium-sized bowl until well blended.
2. Flatten each white bread slice and spread with blue cheese mixture. Place one piece of asparagus on each bread slice. Roll the slices and place them in freezer bags. Freeze them for at least 4 hours or until frozen.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
4. Remove rolls from freezer and brush with butter.
5. Place rolls on a large baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until bread turns light brown and cheese is melted. Cut into bite-sized pieces and serve.
There you have it, Why don’t you give it a try? Your guests will love these delicious wraps. Remember, you can double up the quantity if you need more for lots of guests.
Like wedding recipes? Check out these delicious brunch menu ideas for weddings.