Looking for easy finger foods for bridal showers or other wedding party you plan to host? Blueberry scones can be a good choice, especially if you love berries. Here’s our blueberry scones recipe that will surely make blueberries melt in your mouth.
|(Makes 8 scones)|
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Cooking directions for Blueberry Scones:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
3. Using 2 forks, cut in the butter to coat the pieces with the flour. The mixture should look like coarse crumbs.
4. Fold the blueberries into the batter. Important tip: be careful not to mash the blueberries because their strong color will bleed into the dough.
5. Make a well in the center and pour in the heavy cream. Fold everything together just to incorporate but do not overwork the dough.
6. Press the dough out on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle about 12 by 3 by 1-1/4 inches. Cut the rectangle in 1/2 then cut the pieces in 1/2 again, giving you 4 (3-inch) squares. Cut the squares in 1/2 on a diagonal to give you the classic triangle shape.
7. Place the scones on a non-greased cookie sheet and brush the tops with a little heavy cream.
8. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until brown. Let the scones cool a bit before you apply the glaze.
9. You can make the lemon glaze in a double boiler, or for a simpler alternative, you can put it in the microwave. Mix the lemon juice with confectioners’ sugar until dissolved in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water for the double-boiler method, or in a microwave-safe bowl.
10. Whisk in the lemon zest and the butter. Either nuke the glaze for 30 seconds or continue whisking in the double boiler. Whisk the glaze to smooth out any lumps, then drizzle the glaze over the top of the scones.
11. Let it set a minute before serving.
Love blueberries? This surely ends your craving of juicy blueberries added with the tartness of lemon. Remember, you can double up the quantity if you need more.
Like wedding recipes? Check out these delicious and easy brunch menu ideas.