Are you trying to organize a bridal shower for the bride-to-be? You may be thinking of some bridal shower wishing well ideas. We have a few you might be interested in…
The practice of giving small gifts to the couple before their wedding has been a tradition for a long time. These are not wedding gifts but small items to help start the couple on their way for married life. Money can be given, but also small or practical household items are also a good choice.
What is a Wishing Well Bridal Shower?
Most bridal showers have a wishing well for guests to deposit small gifts, aside from their gift to the bride-to-be. These little gifts are usually not thought of as wedding gifts, but practical and useful things - guests bring them along with their main presents and put them in the wishing well.
Theme Ideas for Bridal Shower Wishing Well
If you are hosting the bridal shower, My advice is to have a party theme so that you can also have a theme for your wishing well gifts. You can have a particular theme that will fit the gifts – like things for the garden or small things for the bathroom, bedroom or kitchen. A handyman or diy theme is also popular for practical goods the couple might need. Having a theme is good because everyone knows what kind of gift to bring. This is something you can write on the invitation and guests can prepare in advance.
Bridal Shower Wishing Well Gifts
Things that would make perfect gifts for the bridal shower wishing well are kitchen utensils and small kitchen goods, such as measuring cups, chopsticks, even a pepper shaker. For the bathroom; towels, soap, potpourri – that kind of thing. For the bedroom, the guests can bring gifts such as pocketbooks, scented oils, or candles. If you are searching for wishing well gift ideas then find out what the theme is and that should help you narrow down your choice. Remember, anything that fits the wishing well theme is good and it’s a chance for you to be creative and not worry too much.
Wishing Well Themes & Wishing Well Gift Ideas
- Garden Theme with big flower pot or wheelbarrow as wishing well – Gifts; seed packets, tubs, tools, gloves, flashlight.
- Kitchen Theme with a dish-washing bowl or a basket as wishing well – Gifts; utensils, salt & pepper pots, place mats, coasters, oven-mitts, his & hers mugs.
- Bathroom Theme with your bath as wishing well! – Gifts; hand towels, soap, potpourri, mini mirror, rubber duck.
- Bedroom Theme with laundry basket as wishing well – scented oils, candles, picture frame, pillow case.
- Honeymoon Theme with suitcase as wishing well - Gifts; lingerie, travel journal, massage oil, energy drink.
- DIY Theme with toolbox or large box as wishing well - Gifts; hand tools, screwdriver set, hammer, knife, WD-40.
- Beach Theme with beach bag or beach parasol as wishing well – Gifts; sun-glasses, suntan lotion, beach mat, beach ball.
- Pet Theme with rabbit cage or dog basket as wishing well (might stink so clean it first or use a new one!) – Gifts; pet food, pet toy, leash for dog, dog whistle, kitty litter, pet clothes.
- Crazy Theme with anything unusual or strange as wishing well – Gifts; empty beer can, an old onion, VHS tape, photo of Phil Donahue, one used sock (not a pair), balloon with hole.
“If you don’t want to make a wishing well then talk to your wedding planner about getting a wishing well for hire.”
I personally like the honeymoon gift theme. Lingerie, a travel journal, sun-glasses, suntan lotion, massage oil – these can be the type of gifts you can select. Small naughty gifts can also be good if you know the bride-to-be well enough and she has the personality to accept a naughty present.
How To Make A Wishing Well For Bridal Shower
So how do you make a wishing well?
I say, you don’t have to wear your hard-hat to make one! If you decide to go for a kitchen theme for your wishing well, then a big basket can be your wishing well. If you decide to go for a garden theme, then find an empty plant pot or a wheelbarrow. For a bath-related wishing well, use your laundry basket. Indeed, it does not have to look like a wishing well. All you need to do is decorate it and viola! You got one. Use your imagination and your guests will love your original idea. Last year my friend, who was a pregnant bride-to-be, combined her baby shower with her wedding shower and decorated a baby stroller for the wishing well – it was a hit and everyone had a great time. If you like the idea of a wishing well, you could have a wish tree for wedding reception.
Bridal Shower Wishing Well Rentals for Larger Venues
Maybe you are having your shower at a larger venue and you want something that resembles the look of a wishing well, then you can also opt for renting. Apart from the rental cost, the good thing is you don’t have to make one and everything is taken care of for you.
If you have a wedding planner then talk to them about getting a wishing well for hire.
Writing Your Wishing Well Bridal Shower Invitations
One host of a bridal shower once asked me how to let the guests know that 2 gifts are expected from them – one is a small gift for the wishing well, and I told her, indicate it in the bridal shower invitation. You don’t even have to directly say it, you can even have some bridal shower wishing well poems to creatively inform the guests to bring another small gift along.
Check out our easy Free Bridal Shower Games and Activities we’ve got 10 Simple Fun Game Ideas you can try.
Weddings indeed are full of small details to take care of and if you are hosting a bridal shower, think of some good wishing well ideas that can help you put up a good bridal shower party. Make a checklist to help you remember the small things as well.
Need more ideas on how to host your bridal shower? Follow us on twitter and like us on Facebook for updates and ideas on weddings.