Dessert and sweets are a great part of any party food and chocolates never get a ‘no’ from guests. If you are looking for an easy dessert, here’s our scrumptious chocolate truffles recipe and how to make chocolate truffles.
|Makes 30-40 truffles|
How to prepare chocolate truffles:
1. Put the finely chopped chocolate in a bowl. In a small sauce pan heat the cream to boil.
2. Pour the cream over the chocolate and shake the bowl gently to settle the cream. Cover and set aside until the chocolate melts, about 5 minutes.
3. Whisk the mixture until smooth. Stir in the rum and other flavoring. Cover the surface of the chocolate with plastic wrap. Set aside in a cool place until the chocolate firms up, about 2 hours.
Tip: To speed this up set the bowl of chocolate over another bowl of ice and stir until the desired consistency.
4. Line a baking sheet with waxed or parchment paper. Use 2 spoons to drop small mounds/balls of chocolate about 1/2 to 1-inch high on the paper (depending on your preferred size).
5.To make smooth round balls, chill your hands under a running cold water or use an ice bath. Roll each chocolate mound between your open palms to make smooth round balls.
6. Pour the cocoa or coating of choice into a cake pan or on a plate. Roll the truffles in the coating or use a clean spoon to pour the coating on the truffles. Repeat with all the truffles. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
7. To serve, scoop the truffles out of the cocoa with a fork or a slotted spoon. Put the truffles in small candy cups and serve.
Remember, you can double up the quantity if you need more.
For a sweet tooth and even for those who are not, our chocolate truffles recipe is indeed a good one you can make at home and for parties. So why not give it a try and let us know how it turned out?
Like wedding recipes? Check out these delicious wedding brunch menu ideas.