Want to add some French taste to your party menu? Foie Gras (pronounced “fwa grah”) with truffles can be one of the fine recipes you can add in your menu. Here’s our delicious Foie Gras with truffles recipe and how to prepare Foie Gras..
How to prepare Foie Gras with Truffles:
1. In a large bowl, place the foie gras, salt, pepper and 1/2 glass of cognac, knead in the mixture to help it absorb the flavors.
2. Place in the refrigerator for a day.
3. Add the rest of the cognac an hour before you start cooking and return mixed foie gras to the refrigerator.
4. Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees F.
5. Line a standard size terrine with the pork fat and place the ingredients in the terrine pushing it down for a compact fit.
6. Slice the mixture down the middle and push in the sliced truffles. Push back together and cover with the pork fat.
7. Cover the terrine and place in a bain-marie. Cook in the oven for about 35 to 40 minutes.
8. When cooled down, put in the refrigerator. This is best served chilled with fresh bread.
With this simple recipe, you can have that exquisite and palatable French dish on your menu. A good way to impress your guests as well. Remember, you can double up the quantity if you need more for lots of guests.
Like wedding recipes? Check out these great finger foods for bridal shower parties.