The prime rib of beef is probably the star of your menu – wherever you serve it. You just have to learn how to cook a prime rib perfectly. Here’s our roasted prime rib of beef recipe and how to prepare prime rib beef for your event..
|Makes 8 servings|
Cooking Directions for Herb Roasted Rib of Beef:
1. Let the rib roast stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
2. Mix together the rosemary, the salt and 1/2 stick of butter in a bowl and rub the meat with the mixture, making sure all sides are coated or covered.
3. Preheat your oven at 500 degrees F. In a roasting pan, roast the meat at 500 degrees F, ribs side down, for 30 minutes.
4. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and roast the meat for 13/4 to 2 hours more. You can also check with a meat thermometer by inserting it in a fleshy part of the meat and check out if it has reached 130 degrees F for medium-rare.
5. Transfer the roast to a heated platter, discarding the strings. Let the roast stand for 20 to 30 minutes before carving.
6. Serve the roast with the pan gravy or with horseradish crust or garlic and herb crust.
The secret to the best prime rib is how well you cooked it, so make sure you cooked it at the proper time and temperature. Of course, it also depends on how you prefer your prime rib to be cooked. Remember, you can double up the quantity if you need more for lots of guests.
Like wedding recipes? Check out these great finger foods for bridal shower parties.