If you have short hair and you want to look formal at a wedding, then there are some easy and stylish options as well. One tip is to blow-wave to add volume to your short hair. Especially for those of you with wavy short hair, this can make your natural waves more beautiful and achieve a more formal look as well. Here’s how to style elegant short hair..
What you need:
- A medium radial brush
- Styling mousse
- Hot rollers
- Styling wax
- Hair spray
How to Style Short Hair for a Formal and Elegant Look:
1. Make you hair easy to style by first applying mousse evenly to your hair. This will also help hold the hairstyle.
2. With a medium radial brush, smooth out the waves of your hair.
3. Start blow drying your hair near the nape, underneath your hair at the back. Hold the dryer above your hair at the back while you run the radial brush underneath each hair section. Curl the brush at the end of each section of hair to create volume. Do this repeatedly until your hair is dry and you have achieved maximum volume.
4. Blow dry the sides of your hair, starting also from underneath each hair section. It is best to clip the top most hair sections and start a few sections of hair from the underneath to even out your styling. Get a few sections of hair from the front and run your brush from underneath, drawing from the roots to the ends of the hair. Curl your brush as you reach towards the end of each hair section. This will add volume to your hair. As you brush, follow with the dryer slightly above the hair section you are styling. Repeat this process until all sections are done.
5. Use hot rollers to add more volume and great looking curls to your hair. Put rollers in each hair section at the back, making sure the rollers settle at the end of each section.
6. When using hot rollers for the sides of your hair, position the rollers vertically and secure them near the roots of your hair.
7. After the rollers have cooled, you can then remove them and with your fingertips, apply a small amount of wax into the ends of your hair, piecing a few sections with it.
8. Tease your hair at the crown and at the midsection for more volume.
9. Finish off your style with hairspray to hold your hair in place.
Short hair can be elegant and formal too even with limited hairstyles. Creative styling can make your short hair elegant and formal too and a good one to sport to any wedding.
Want more? We’ve got many easy hairstyles for wedding guests you should check out.