Carrie went for a smart courthouse wedding dress over a Vivienne Westwood and so can you. Many couples get married in a courthouse these days and one question often comes up, what to wear to a courthouse wedding? If you’re having your big day at city hall, for both men and women, read on for some essential advice guaranteed to help you….
So for whatever reason, you’re getting married in a courthouse. You might be having some guests, maybe it’s a small event, or just the two of you. Whatever the case, you still want to look good for your special day, even at a courthouse.
So what do you wear for a courthouse wedding then? You wouldn’t want to be tugging along a train to the courthouse. Sure you can but it probably won’t be as comfortable for you. We have some great ideas for courthouse wedding attire that you’ll find useful…
Choosing a Good Courthouse Wedding Dress
You can get the best deals for your courthouse wedding outfit at amazon.com
- Real bridal dress. Whether it’s a courthouse wedding or not, it’s still a wedding and you can wear your bridal dress to the courthouse. It might not be practical though as you may have to wait in line and the ceremony may just be too brief but if you still want to look like a bride, it is perfectly acceptable to wear a real wedding dress to the courthouse. The veil won’t be necessary though. A dressy suit can be an option as well.
- Knee-length dresses are good choices for a courthouse wedding. They are not too dressy and not too casual either.
- Prom dress – Maybe you don’t want to spend a lot of money on a bridal dress for such a short time but you still want to look pretty for your wedding. How about going for a prom dress? There are many prom dresses that look like wedding dresses and they can be bought for less than $100.
- Casual dresses. Some couples don’t mind wearing something casual at a courthouse wedding. In fact, in some situations where you need to get a number and fall in line for your turn, you just don’t want to wait wearing a wedding dress. But of course, don’t go for something too casual if you want to have nice wedding photos. Casual summer dresses are a good choice.
Girls, how about shoes? wedge shoes for wedding events.
“If you are going to tie the knot at a court house then you have a lot of freedom when it comes to choosing what to wear.”
For Men and What to Wear for Courthouse Wedding
When it comes to courthouse wedding attire; for men the choice is a bit easier. You can base your outfit on whatever your bride is wearing. If she’s made an effort to dress-up then don’t turn up in jeans and a baseball hat.
You can get the best deals for your courthouse attire at amazon.com
- A tuxedo – If the bride is going to be wearing a bridal dress then a smart tuxedo would be a good choice.
- Shirt and tie - If you don’t want to wear a tuxedo, or you don’t have one, then formal shirt and tie is an option.
- Casual dress shirt & nice pants - For a casual event you can skip the formalities and wear something you feel comfortable in. Unless it’s really casual, don’t wear jeans or a t-shirt.
We got some great private wedding ceremony ideas that are guaranteed to help your small wedding.
Courthouse Marriage – What to Wear
Even though you have a lot of freedom when it comes to choosing what to wear for a courthouse wedding, it’s still important that you keep in mind a few things that will help your wedding go smoothly. You can get married in jeans and a t-shirt but you might regret it when you see your wedding photos.
For whatever reason you are getting married in a courthouse, it’s a good idea to dress-up a bit for the occasion.
Are you getting married in a courthouse? Got any unique ideas? Comment, tweet and let us know…