Perfect for a wedding brunch or a bridal shower snack. Looking for the best ways to cook and present your potatoes? Why not make them into potato pancakes? Here’s our potato pancake recipe and how to cook potato pancakes..
|Makes 2 to 3 servings|
Cooking Directions for Potato Pancakes:
Smoked Salmon Platter
1. Peel and grate potatoes finely with a cheese grater into a bowl of cold water. Also grate 1 onion into the same bowl. Let it sit for about 20 minutes.
2. Drain them after 20 minutes and squeeze out all the water.
3. Mix the egg, 1 tsp salt, flour and black pepper in another bowl. You may add more flour about 2 tablespoons or just enough to thicken the mixture.
4. Add the egg and flour mixture to the potato and mix them well. Cover them while you prepare your skillet. This will prevent the potatoes from turning dark.
5. Heat 1/4 inch oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat. Drop two or three 1/4 cup mounds of the potato pancake mixture in hot oil and flatten to make 1/2 inch thick pancakes. Fry and turn once until golden brown. Transfer to paper towel lined plates to drain. Repeat until all the mixture has been made into pancakes.
6. Serve while hot – your guests will love it!
Add garnishing to make your potato pancakes extra special. This is particularly good for brunch menus especially if you are offering a potato station at your party buffet. Remember, you can double up the quantity if you need more for lots of guests.
Like wedding recipes? Check out these great finger foods for bridal shower parties.