Confused about what to wear to a day wedding? The wedding invitation says the wedding is at 10 o’clock in the morning and you just stare at it blankly thinking what you could possibly wear to a wedding scheduled at this time of day. For both men and women, we have some tips guaranteed to help you…
Indeed, it’s not just the wedding entourage who will be all dressed up for a wedding. Wedding guests also have to conform to what the celebration is calling for when it comes to the dress code, but for women, what are appropriate dresses to wear to a day wedding? and men, what outfit should you choose?
Wedding Guest Attire: What Not to Wear to a Wedding
Here are 10 things you should know before trying to show off your out-of-this-world wedding outfit at your best friend’s wedding.
- Something that does not conform to the wedding dress code. Read the details carefully in the wedding invitation. A wedding invite may state what type of dresses are allowed and permissible.
- Avoid outfits that will outshine the wedding entourage. Make sure you find out what the bride and the main players at the wedding are wearing – ask the wedding planner or maid of honor for that info.
- Black is a no-go color for weddings – especially when it comes to women’s attire and especially for a day wedding. You might look like you are going to a funeral. There are dark dresses that you can choose for a wedding if they have sequins and are made of light material but if you think it looks more like you are going to a funeral then forget that little black number!
- No tux! – If women are not allowed to wear white and upstage the bride, the men should also be careful not to upstage the groom either!
- Jeans and a T-shirt will never be acceptable – no matter how casual the wedding is, or even if there’s no mention of any dress code on the invite. When in doubt, wear something smart.
- Forget about your grandmother’s gown! Forget about putting on a vintage look unless the wedding is vintage-themed and the bride specifically emphasized that guests should wear something retro.
- Do away with anything loud. Weddings are formal events and although there may be some wild reception party after, it is just not advisable that you don a garish outfit, complete with over-the-top makeup and hairdo. Want hair help? We got some great wedding hairstyles for guests you should try.
- No whites or off-whites please! Especially for women, white should only belong to the bride, so don’t even try it!
- Weddings have no place for very revealing clothes, so leave them in your closet.
- Go for simple jewelry for a day wedding. Leave the sophisticated accessories for night weddings.
Want more? Find out what to wear to summer wedding – we got tips and ideas for you.
“It’s important to remember the wedding dress code etiquette when choosing your day wedding attire.”
attending a bridal shower? we’ve got help for what to wear to bridal shower parties.
Wedding Attire Suggestions for a Day Wedding
You’ve read the wedding no-no’s, So what is a good wedding dress for day wedding? . . and how about some tips on what to wear to a wedding scheduled at day time? Read on for some essential ideas:
- A cocktail dress for women is one of the best choices you can make for a day wedding.
- Get yourself a clutch bag to go with your wedding outfit. They won’t clash with your dress, the way handbag straps do.
- Light colors are great for day time weddings, so choose a dress with light colors but remember to stay away from white and off-white wedding outfits.
- A knee length or tea-length dress is generally the perfect wedding dress for day time weddings.
- For men, you can go for gray suits and pinstripes and I recommend choosing ties that are not too business-like. If the wedding requires formal wear or black tie, you may go for dark suits and a tie.
- For destination weddings, there may be other choices. You can go for linen shirts or suits, or casual wedding attire, depending on the theme and the dress code requested by the couple. Want help choosing destination wedding men’s attire?
Going to a night wedding, too? Find out what to wear to a night wedding – guaranteed style!
Whether you are thinking of what to wear to a summer wedding or what to wear to a day wedding in the fall, first check the dress code required and take note of the big no-no’s to any wedding party. It’s true, you wouldn’t want to be caught by the fashion police with your crazy wedding day fashion and for sure, you wouldn’t want to disappoint the bride by upstaging her on her big day.
Whats good for a day wedding? Comment, tweet, let us know…