Jamaica is one great place to tie the knot as there are lots of great beaches in this romantic tropical paradise where you can celebrate the first day of married life. Apart from beautiful beaches, Jamaican wedding songs and reggae music are also great to get married to as well.
Jamaican Wedding Songs
Whether you are getting married in Jamaica, having a destination wedding in Jamaica or you just want to have some great Jamaican music for your wedding, here are some Jamaican music and songs that you can choose.
“Jamaican wedding songs, reggae music and all night partying can be some of the things that you will definitely love to have for your beach wedding.”
One popular reggae artists is Bob Marley and when it comes to Jamaican songs his reggae music is one of the most renowned and of course, widely loved. Does he appear in our top 10 list? Let’s take a look…
* in reverse order
Top 10 Jamaican Wedding Songs
and Reggae Music for Your Wedding
10. One Love (Bob Marley)
9. That Girl (Maxi Priest)
8. Don’t Worry, Be Happy (Bobby McFerrin)
7. Electric Boogie (Marcia Griffiths)
6. I can’t help falling in love with you (UB40) – whether it’s the Elvis version or not, this song is still a good wedding song
5. She’s Royal (Tarrus Riley) – this can be played during the wedding ceremony especially if you are having a beach wedding.
4. Red Red Wine – (UB40) – I recommend this song for the reception.
3. Baby, I Love Your Way (Big Mountain)
2. Three Little Birds (Bob Marley) – a good song for the reception party – when everyone wants to just have fun.
1. Is This Love (Bob Marley) – I personally love this reggae song and of course, the lyrics are fit for weddings. This one is also a favorite of many when it comes to weddings.
No surprises as Bob Marley makes it to number 1 and 2 in our chart. Most of these songs are good for the wedding reception but of course, there are also some good picks for the wedding ceremony – especially if you are having a beach wedding. Of course, I would guess if you are having your wedding in Jamaica, that would definitely be by the beach.
Jamaican Wedding Music
Indeed, reggae is one trademark when it comes to Jamaica and this type of song became popular not only in Jamaica but around the world as well. Reggae is well-loved by many because of its upbeat and lively tunes, it is in fact, good music to dance to during your wedding reception. Take a look at our Top 10 R&B wedding songs to walk down the aisle for more music ideas.
Jamaican Twist for Your Wedding
Jamaica is also a good place of choice for destination weddings and Jamaican wedding traditions are great – their reception party lasts until sunrise! If you want to have that Jamaican twist for your wedding, having reggae music, a Jamaican wedding song and all night partying can be some of the things that you will definitely love to have for your wedding. Like the idea of a beach wedding? check out our Top 10 best beach wedding destinations for some great inspiration.
Are you planning to have a Jamaican wedding or a beach wedding? Good reggae music can indeed add a tropical feel to your wedding. Tweet, comment, let us know…
- Our Favorite Walk Down The Aisle Wedding Songs And Music Are you one of those who smiled while watching that viral “JK Wedding Entrance” on YouTube? I bet you remembered that couple and...
- R&B Wedding Songs to Walk Down the Aisle – BEST Top 10 Choosing a top 10 from many great R&B wedding songs to walk down the aisle with can be a challenging task but after...
- Unique Wedding Songs First Dance and Music Ideas Looking for some great wedding songs for your big day? Here are some unique wedding songs first dance and music ideas that you...
- You-Tube Wedding Songs You Can Search For Have you tried looking for You-Tube wedding songs? Have you been looking for the best wedding songs to play at your wedding ceremony or...