Inviting someone to be your bridesmaid is flattering on the part of the friend or family that you are inviting. Indeed, that means you were selected from the many friends and family that the bride has. On the part of the bride, you also have to think of creative bridesmaid invitation ideas to make the invitation memorable…
We are actually starting out planning a wedding for next year and the bride is excited about her entourage. She was asking if she can have as many bridesmaids as she wants and I was telling her it won’t be a problem if she has the extra budget for additional dresses and accessories. So she decided to have four bridesmaids and a maid of honor. Compiling the small list from her many friends was quite challenging but we finally come up with a good selection.
When everything was ready, she asked how we can inform her chosen bridesmaids – so we brainstormed on unique ideas for asking friends to be a bridesmaid and we came up with a few creative ideas for bridesmaid invitations…
- Send her a book about being a bridesmaid or a wedding handbook and write your invitation on the first page or two. I personally love this idea as this would also orient your chosen friend or family on the roles of bridesmaids and what she is suppose to do during the ceremony and at the wedding reception. Giving the bridesmaid ideas such as these can also help make your wedding nice and organized as well.
Bridesmaid Invitation Ideas
- Send a Book with Your Invite
- DIY Handmade Card
- Decorate Ready-made Cards
- Send a Photo-card
- Send Personalized Gifts
- Ask in Person
- Do it yourself with DIY bridesmaids cards. If you are creative and you love handmade party ideas and cards, then why not make a personalized card for the special friend or family member that you want to invite as your bridesmaid? Do this early in your preparation as this requires your time. Receiving something handmade can be so heartwarming and it adds the personal touch.
- Buy ready-made bridesmaid cards online and decorate. Yes, if you don’t have time to make your own, then buy them online to save some money. To make your purchase more creative, add your wedding flower to the invite before sending it to your chosen friend. You can also decorate with a ribbon the same color as your wedding theme to brighten up the card.
- Send a picture of you and your fiancé. Especially if you are inviting a bridesmaid who is not yet familiar with the groom, then a picture/postcard would be a good option. Of course, do not forget the invitation wordings on the picture.
How about an honorary bridesmaid? Read our honorary bridesmaid definition and explanation.
“Spend a little time and think of something special and your bridesmaids will love you for it.”
- Send bridesmaid gifts. You may want to send her a gift that is personalized and has “bridesmaid” on it, bridesmaid koozies make great gifts. Just add a little note asking her to be your bridesmaid, it can be a perfect way to invite a friend to become one. There are other elegant bridesmaid gifts that you can also choose, such as beaded earrings.
- Ask your bridesmaids personally. “Will you be my bridesmaid?” Simply pop the question personally and get an answer right away. This will not cost you anything either, making it a practical way to go, especially if you are on a tight budget and don’t have the luxury of time to make those invites yourself. Asking her over a light lunch or coffee would be a wonderful idea.
Before you invite your bridesmaids, you need to choose a maid of honor – find out how to ask someone to be your maid of honor, we’ve got great ideas and advice.
There are a lot of unique bridesmaid invitation ideas that you can think of if you are creative – but of course, you have to consider the cost and the time you need to make them and send them out. Remember that weddings involve a lot of minute details and for sure, you do not want to spend too much time with the bridesmaid invitations. Just spend a little time and think of something special and your bridesmaids will love you for it.
Know any unique or creative invitation ideas? Comment, tweet, share them with us….