Are you looking for unique guest book ideas for wedding receptions and party? A list of your wedding guests can be a good keepsake for you after the wedding. In fact, your guest book should not only contain your guests’ names, they can also write short messages or answer a fun question.
Unique Guest Book Ideas for Something Special
If you want something unique for your guest list, you can actually think beyond the ordinary guest-book that your guests just sign. Here are a few ideas that you might find useful.
1. Guest cards. You can distribute small cards to each of your guests and tell them to write messages for the newlyweds. You can also put the cards in small envelopes to make it private and more creative as well. Put them in a transparent container or a large bowl where the cards can be seen from the outside.
2. Signature frames or guestbook posters. Have a large photo frame with a photo of you and your groom but leave a large space for your guests to sign or leave a short message. Put the frame in one place in the reception area where guests can see and sign it.
3. Wishing Tree. A wish tree for your wedding reception can be purchased at your local craft store or your wedding boutique but you can also make your own. This is a small tree with branches where guests can hang small cards which have their wishes, poems and short messages.
4. Photo guestbook. Compile your prenuptial pictures on a photobook but leave some empty space on each page for your guests to sign and leave their messages. This way, your pre-nuptial pictures and your guest list are all in one place.
“There are many alternative wedding guest book ideas you can try. Even a few simple changes will make your wedding book unique.”
Unique Wedding Guest Book Alternatives
Apart from the different types of wedding reception guest book mentioned above, there are also alternative wedding guest book ideas that you can explore. Here are just a few of them.
1. Have your wedding guests place their thumbmarks instead of signatures. Have a large sheet of cardboard where you can have your guests place their thumbprints. If you want, you can also have them put their names under their thumbprints. Experiment with different color inks but make sure you have wet wipes at the ready to help your guests avoid having messy hands throughout the wedding party.
2. Photobooth with your guest’s message on it. If you are planning to have a photobooth, you can add a message board or a whiteboard where your guests can write their messages while they have their pictures taken.
3. Let your guest sign on something that is precious or meaningful to both of you. If you love music, then you might want your guests to sign a musical instrument for a special change. Certainly, this is one of the unique guest book alternatives that you would love for your wedding.
A Personalized Wedding Guest Book Will Look Original
A personalized wedding guest book set is another good idea for your guest list. You can use a cheap wedding guest book or a simple ivory wedding guest book and personalize it with some creative ideas like having a monogram or adding a cover using cloth or leather. Ribbons and photos can also make your guest book truly original.
Beach Wedding Guest Book Ideas
If you are planning a beach wedding, you could try sea shells where your guests can write their messages. You can also make use of white stones where your guests can sign their names, messages and wishes.
There are actually a number of ways for you to turn your wedding guest list into a keepsake. A little creativity can go a long way and you’ll have something unique for your guest book.
What did you try for your wedding guest book?
Got any unique ideas? Comment, tweet, let us know…