Need unique wedding ideas for reception or reception parties? You might not have much freedom in planning for your wedding ceremony but you can do whatever you want for your wedding reception. Many brides just want the best for their wedding and in fact, they want something unique and something that can wow their wedding guests.
If you are looking for some unique reception ideas or perhaps unusual ones, We have put together a few ideas that you can turn into unique wedding receptions for your special day.
Unique Wedding Ideas for Reception Entertainment
When it comes to wedding reception entertainment, there are probably a lot of fun and wacky things that may come to mind but of course, you have to consider what is doable and feasible and what is not excessive when it comes to your budget as well.
For unique entertainment ideas for your wedding, here are some suggestions:
Photobooths – of course, they can add fun and sparkle to your wedding reception and even if the reception starts a bit late, your guests won’t be bored waiting for the newlyweds.
- Photo guestbooks – instead of having your guests sign in your guest books, they can have their photos taken instantly and have their messages and wishes written in your photobook.
- Video kiosks – more advanced than photobooths, you can also have videos taken with your guests saying their message of best wishes and congratulations. Isn’t that a good keepsake than the usual guest list?
- Hire a caricature artist – have your guests sketched by a good caricature artist during the reception. This can be added entertainment for the event and one of your unique wedding ideas for reception fun.
Need more? We got some unique guest book ideas for wedding receptions and party you should check out.
Unique Wedding Ideas for Reception Decorations
For decorations, you can have whatever centerpiece you want at your guests tables but there are other things to help add a unique touch to your wedding reception venue. Here are a few ideas..
LED paper lanterns – Along with flowers on your reception venue, add LED paper lanterns either hung from the ceiling or placed as centerpieces on the table. With LED Lighting, you won’t be worried about the safety or the cost of your reception lighting.
- Uplighting - Uplighting is a new trend in weddings these days that can turn your reception area into something romantic and amazingly beautiful. This is achieved by lights reflected on the walls and ceiling, creating a dreamy effect for your venue. Of course, you can choose any color you want for uplighting.
Read why you should choose up lighting for your wedding reception or party.
- Unique table numbers - even with your table numbers and centerpieces you can use ideas that add more beauty and fun to your wedding. Instead of just table numbers, you can also put places or names of flowers on the table for identification. There are many unique wedding table number ideas you can choose from.
“Just a little uniqueness is ok for your wedding party. The bottomline is, your guests will enjoy your party.”
Unique Wedding Ideas for Reception Venue
- Have a marquee wedding. By having your wedding reception in a marquee, you have the freedom to choose the location and of course, you get to enjoy a good venue without many restrictions, unlike the usual reception venues.
There are other unique wedding reception ideas but make sure you consider the safety of your guests as well as the availability of the facilities and needs for the wedding party.
There are also unusual wedding reception ideas for your wedding, too. One is to add motorcycle escorts to your bridal car as you arrive to the reception area or even to the wedding ceremony itself and this can make you feel extra special for the big day.
Want good games for your wedding reception? The Wedding Shoe Game is guaranteed laughter and fun.
Getting married these days often calls for some touch of uniqueness. Some couples opt to fly in by helicopters instead of the bridal car, some couples want to say “I Do” underwater and some even want to tie the knot while up in the air. Of course, sometimes it can be too much. Just a little uniqueness is ok for your wedding party. The bottomline is, your guests will enjoy your party.
Any ideas for a unique reception? Comment, tweet, let us know…