Looking for free and printable fun wedding games? The Newlywed Shoe Game, or Wedding Shoe Game is a popular game that can liven up your reception or wedding party – you just need a good list of wedding shoe game funny questions and you and your guests will be in fits of laughter. Want a wedding party your guests will remember forever? We got what you need…
Click for printable pdf version
What is the Wedding Shoe Game? How to Play it…
The game is usually introduced by the DJ, either straight after dinner, or during the party time.
The shoe game is a fun wedding reception party game for the bride and groom, which tests how much they know each other – in a fun and hilarious way. The game is played by putting two chairs back to back in the center of the party room or dance-floor – where the guests can see them. The bride and the groom then sit on the chairs back to back, so they are facing away from each other.
They are then asked to remove both their shoes and exchange one of their shoes with each other – so that the groom has his shoe in one hand and the bride’s shoe in the other. The bride also has her shoe in one hand and the groom’s shoe in the other.
The party DJ or the reception host then asks the fun shoe game questions and the happy couple answer the questions by holding up either their shoe, or their partner’s shoe to answer the question. This game is usually introduced as ‘who knows who better?’. Then questions like “who looks better in white?” are asked and the bride and groom can raise a shoe to answer. Sometimes their answers may not match and this is how the hilarity begins, especially if you have great questions to ask.
You can even have the audience bet on who will give the most correct answer or you can also let guests think of some ideas and ask fun questions. If everyone is in a good party mood then you can have some fun and naughty questions, too.
By the way, you don’t have to use shoes, I’ve seen this game played with many different objects for answering the questions, some examples are; pink and blue teddy bears, pink and blue slippers, colored flags, photos of the bride and groom, pink and blue maracas, hand clappers, fairy wand and sword. If you don’t want to use shoes then you can be creative and think of a funny alternative.
Planning a bridal shower? Our free bridal shower games and activities are essential.
“Watching the happy couple play the shoe game is one of the highlights of the wedding reception party. Thinking up the questions is also fun.”
Like quizzes? check out these questions for how well you know the bride.
Wedding Shoe Fun Questions for Guaranteed Laughter
The newlywed shoe game at weddings is guaranteed hilarity and excitement, here are questions you should include in your list of wedding shoe fun questions…
- When you were dating, who made the first move?
- Who is the biggest flirt?
- Who is more romantic?
- Who said “I love you” first?
- Who’s the better kisser?
- Who talked about marriage first?
- Who was the most nervous about the big day?
- Who is the better cook?
- Who’s in control over the remote control?
- Who goes to bed earlier?
- Who is up first in the morning?
- Who snores the most?
- Who’s more stubborn?
- Who takes longer to get ready?
- Who makes all the decisions?
- Who gave the first kiss?
- Who is the better driver?
- Who’s the faster driver?
- Who wears the pants in the relationship?
- Who apologizes first after an argument?
- Who’s always right?
- Who has the final say?
- Who is the messiest?
- Who has the smelliest feet?
- Who’s more likely to pass gas in front of the other?
- Who is more forgetful?
- Who spends the most time in the mirror?
- Who spends most time in the bathroom?
- Who spends the most time in front of the TV?
- Who uses their iPad or iPhone more?
- Who spends more time on Facebook or twitter?
- Who’s more likely to deal with the dishes?
- Who has the best taste in clothes?
- Who has the best taste in music?
- Who dances better? (then you can let them prove it)
- Who sings better?
- Who spends more money?
- Who spends more on clothes?
- Who’s more generous in giving the other gifts?
- Who’s more likely to beat the red light?
- Who does the yard work?
- Who talks more?
- Who’s most likely to ask for directions?
- Who’s most likely to get lost?
- Who’s more likely to get up at 2am for baby feeding?
- Who’s going to be in control of the checkbook?
- Who’s more likely to crawl and clean the attic?
- Who complains more?
- Who’s the better story-teller?
- Who has the better sense of humor?
- Who’s shyer?
- Who’s most likely to yell at a telemarketer?
- Who will clean the toilet?
- Who will do the laundry?
- Who will take out the garbage?
- Who’s the first to fall asleep tonight?
- Who will initiate sex?
- Who’s most likely to say ‘not tonight’?
- If both of you are trapped on an island where there is no food, who will most likely eat the other to stay alive?
- Who would most likely end up in jail?
You can always wrap it up with the final question “Who do you love most in the whole world?”
The wedding shoe game is always a lot of fun and everyone has a great time joining in and shouting questions and answers. Can you think of any funny shoe game questions? Did you play it at your wedding? Let us know…
- Why You Should Choose Up Lighting for Wedding Receptions or Party Why up lighting for your wedding reception or party? A bride-to-be came up to me one time and said she wanted a reception...
- Unique Bridal Wedding Shower Themes and Ideas If you are the bridesmaid, the maid of honor or family of the bride or groom who is planning a bridal shower or...
- Easy Free Bridal Shower Games and Activities 10 Printable Fun Ideas Looking for printable free bridal shower games and activities? The laughter at bridal showers starts with plain old fun, simple bridal shower games...
- Unique Guest Book Ideas for Wedding Receptions and Party Are you looking for unique guest book ideas for wedding receptions and party? A list of your wedding guests can be a good keepsake...