Despite the many choices we have now when it comes to weddings, many couples still want to get married in a church because of the solemnity it brings to the ceremony. However, if you are having a church wedding, one of the things that you need to consider and plan is to properly choose the wedding songs for a church ceremony. We have selected a few wedding processional music ideas that we know you will like…
In some churches, they may not allow non-religious processional songs for weddings, especially songs of an aggressive nature. If you are about to have a church wedding, I suggest you first check with the church if they allow the type of bridal processional songs that you want played during your wedding ceremony. However, you don’t have to find songs that may sound unacceptable – There are some good choices when it comes to wedding songs for church weddings and many great choices for religious or Christian songs as well.
Christian Hymns and Wedding Songs
If you want traditional wedding processional songs and you’re looking for Christian hymns and Christian wedding songs that you can use for your church ceremony, there are many good ones you can find and use for your wedding and you don’t have to worry about them not being allowed. Christian wedding processional songs are of course, the safest song or music selection you can make.
While thinking about your wedding procession music, check out unique wedding processional ideas you can use with your unique wedding processional songs.
“There are some good choices when it comes to wedding songs for church weddings and many great choices for religious or Christian songs as well.”
We’ve got some tips for unusual and unique wedding programs ideas and suggestions for your wedding.
Here are a few of the church hymns and Christian wedding songs that I personally think are good choices for weddings. One of my personal favorite though is ‘When God Made You’ by Newsong. In fact, I had it sung at the church during my wedding. Other nice hymns and Christian songs you can use are:
- Amazing grace
- Ave Maria
- The Prayer
- How Great Thou Art
- All Things Bright and Beautiful
- I Will Be Here (Steven Curtis Chapman)
- By Heart, By Soul (Avalon)
- For You (Michael W. Smith)
Classical Wedding Processional Songs Will Add to The Solemnity
When thinking about processional music for weddings, I think a good choice of classical music – especially during the processional march and the bride’s entrance adds to the solemnity and the romantic atmosphere of the wedding, thus you can take a pick from a wide array of classical music to enliven your wedding march.
Here are some classical music choices that I can recommend at church weddings.
- Aria in Concerto Grosso No. 12 by Handel
- Canon in D (Pachelbel)
- Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring (Bach)
- The Wedding March (Mendelssohn)
Popular Music and Instrumental Wedding Processional Songs are Good
How about modern wedding processional music? If the church that you have chosen for the wedding is not so strict on your selection of songs, you can also choose to have popular wedding processional songs or even during the ceremony itself. However, keep in mind that – even if you are allowed to have your say of the music to be played during the church rites, you should choose something that is of course, acceptable and proper.
Here are some popular songs and music that I think can be good for weddings.
- Amarantine (Enya)
- Only Time (Enya)
- The Wedding Song (Kenny G)
- A Moment Like This (Kelly Clarkson)
- From the Moment On (Shania Twain)
- Love of my Life (Jim Brickman)
- Only Hope (Mandy Moore)
- Perhaps Love (John Denver)
- We’ve Only Just Begun (The Carpenters)
- Everything I have (Clay Aiken)
- This I Promise You (N’ Sync)
- Beautiful in my Eyes
- At the Beginning (Donna Lewis and Richard Marx)
Indeed, making a wise choice when it comes to the song for your church wedding is a crucial decision. Besides making sure that your processional wedding music is allowed in the church, you also have to think about having a song that is not too overused in weddings. Even if the song has a great meaning and tune, it can become not so appealing if you’ve already heard it a million times at most of the weddings that you’ve attended.
Want songs for walking down the aisle? Check out our favorite walk down the aisle wedding songs and music for some great ideas.
Do you know any processional wedding songs that are repeatedly used for church weddings but you think should not be allowed? What about songs or music that you think are perfect for church weddings, but haven’t gotten popular yet? Leave a comment and share with us the song you had played for your church wedding!
- You-Tube Wedding Songs You Can Search For Have you tried looking for You-Tube wedding songs? Have you been looking for the best wedding songs to play at your wedding ceremony or...
- Planning a Beach Wedding Ceremony: Ideas for a Perfect Day When planning a beach wedding ceremony; ideas to make things go smooth will help you. Having a beach wedding was in the realm...
- Unique Wedding Songs First Dance and Music Ideas Looking for some great wedding songs for your big day? Here are some unique wedding songs first dance and music ideas that you...