Exchanging vows along the shores of beautiful tropical beaches can be romantic but one question that you and your guests may be asking is what to wear to a beach wedding?. Indeed, the answer to this question may be tricky. Many would be torn towards dressing up formally or casually.
Whether you are planning a beach wedding, or you are a guest at a destination wedding, here are some tips that may help you decide on what to wear to a wedding by the beach.
Wedding Dresses for a Beach Wedding
- For your bridesmaid dresses, you can opt for tea-length dresses as well as knee-length ones. Long gowns may just be too much for the beach although you can still wear a comfortable and lightweight wedding dress for beach wedding glamour.
- Strapless gowns or ones with spaghetti straps are also good choices for added comfort as well.
- Forget the high heels! Bring on the flip-flops.
- Barefoot sandals are ideal for beach weddings too! You can also go barefoot as well.
- For mother-of-the-bride dress for a beach wedding, you can still opt for knee or tea-length dresses, depending on what suits their frame and their figure. You can also go for off-shoulder dresses that can be suitable for humid days. Gone are the days when the mother of the bride dresses had the arms or knees covered. If they can still pull it off, then why not? Just forget about plunging necklines and miniskirts!
What Can Men Wear to a Beach Wedding?
- For the men in the wedding party, including the groom, white linen shirts are most common although you can still opt for linen suits if you want to keep a more formal look. Cotton shirts can also be used. Drawstring khaki pantsare also in for beach weddings.
- For a more tropical look, you can wear Hawaiian shirts or those floral printed shirts that you often see as a Hawaiian beach outfit. This answers the question of what to wear to a beach wedding in Hawaii if you are planning to tie the knot there.
- Guayabera shirts are also good options. The groom’s choice of attire should match with the bride’s gown. If the bride is wearing her bikini underneath a colorful sarong, then you can also go for your Hawaiian shirt.
Need more help choosing destination wedding men’s attire for a beach wedding?
“If you are having a beach wedding, make sure you consider the elements of nature that you have to deal with.”
Check out what to wear to summer weddings – advice and ideas.
Wedding Guest’s Attire to a Beach Wedding
Beach Wedding Dress Suggestions for guests
Guests to a beach wedding can still dress to impress but of course, there are added considerations. Comfort is one thing because it can get too hot and humid in the beach during the day and it can also be windy and cold late in the afternoon or early evening. For women, sundresses for beach weddings can be good options as well as dresses that are knee or tea-length. For men, linen shirts or suits can be good choices. Of course, this will depend on whether the celebration is beach formal or just a casual one.
A Casual Beach Wedding
What to wear to a casual beach wedding? Opt for simple beach wedding dresses. A dress shirt or linen suit for men and summer beach wedding dresses or sundresses for women can be the right choices.
At The Beach Formal Wedding
What to wear to a formal occasion? Women may have to wear their vibrant-colored special occasion dresses while men can opt for formal shirts and ties.
Whatever it is you opt to wear to a beach wedding, make sure you consider the elements of nature that you have to deal with – the sun, sand and the water. Then you can have fun!
Beach wedding? Got any experiences? Comment, tweet and let us know…
- Choosing Dresses for Babies for Weddings Tips and Advice Dressing up a baby for a wedding ceremony is something that mothers are eager to do and in fact, the experience is...
- Choosing Destination Wedding Men’s Attire for a Beach Wedding Caribbean? Hawaii? Paris? You are probably thinking of having a destination wedding somewhere tropical where the beaches are electric blue and the sand,...
- Planning a Beach Wedding Ceremony: Ideas for a Perfect Day When planning a beach wedding ceremony; ideas to make things go smooth will help you. Having a beach wedding was in the realm...
- The Top 10 Best Beach Wedding Destinations on The Planet Once you’ve decided on a beach wedding – the world truly can be your oyster! There are many wonderful beach wedding destinations in all...